So we all love a good readathon or at least I do! So when I heard Kimba hosting this one, I knew that I couldn’t pass it up. This one is great for me and anyone who has a huge TBR. I get more motivated to read during these types of challenges because I have to sign up for them. Well enough about me and to how you can participate if you would like.
You can read all the details about the readathon (and sign up!) on Kimba’s blog here but I’ve copied and pasted the rules for youLink-up! This is open to everyone. If you do not have a blog then link your Facebook or Goodreads account.
- Make a Goals/updates/Results post (can be combined) post on blog/facebook/goodreads
- Beginning March 1st, 2014 and ending March 31, 2014 at midnight read books from your TBR pile ALL books must have been published before March 2014. (if you have an ARC with a publish date before 3/14 than it is acceptable.)
- Post a review to Goodreads, your blog or Facebook then link it to the giveaway form for an entry. (review only needs to be a short one)
- You can combine events, challenges etc.
- No novellas for this one peeps
- The rafflecopter will allow you to enter up to two books daily, so update as soon as you finish a book.
- Earn an extra entry for adding Take Control Button to your blog, or facebook (with link-back)
- Use hashtag #TakeControlTBR
- Rafflecopter will close on April 2, 2014 at midnight and a winner will be chosen. Open internationally as long as Book Depository, Barnes and Noble or Amazon ship to you. Prize: New 2014 release. I will do pre-orders as well. (may request eBook copy) Max. prize value of book 20.00 US dollars
I would like to read at least 10 books this month:1.The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter finished 3/1 2.Allegiant by Veronica Roth finished 3/11 3.The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa finished 3/12 4. Splintered by A. G. Howard finished 3/16 5. Illusions by Aprilynne Pike 6. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick finished 3/23 7. Beauty by Nancy Ohlin 8. 9. 10.
Ides of March 13th – 17th Read-a-thonRules
This is for those who want to participate but don’t want to commit to a whole month or just want to add to their challenge. Here are the rules:
-The event kicks of at 12:01 am on March 13th in your time zone and ends at 12:00 midnight on March 17th. -You do not need a blog to participate. You can use your Goodreads account, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Tumblr etc. -Join for one day or the entire time..it is up to you. -Must post either start-up post or wrap-up post to qualify and participate in at least one challenge. (around time of event) for participant giveaway. -Earn extra entries for participant giveaway for each challenge you participate in. -Earn an extra entry for reading one of the following: a book from your TBR pile published before March 1, 2014 -Extra entries for sharing, adding button and following challenge hosts -Have fun! -Tweet your progress using #TBRreadathon (optional) -Twitter Party – Sunday March 16, 2014 4pm (EST) to 5 pm. Chat about books and win some swag.
Here’s what I am planning to read for this readathon:Splintered by A. G. Howard Illusions by Aprilynne Pike Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick Beauty by Nancy Ohlin This is what I am hoping to get done but I do have some family gathers this weekend. So wish me luck!